Index > Player Introductions > Language barrier.

Language barrier.

Author Post
eversley Hello everyone, I am Sabine in game. And I am absolutely excited to start interacting and creating stories with the rest of you, but unfortunately, English is not my fist language, and I never dare to speak to anyone there. I don't know what can I do to solve it, because even though I kinda can communicate in English, is not even close to the Victorian one, not to mention my lack of knowledge in titles and courtesy of the time. Also I have little to none experience roleplaying. D:

I wonder if there is anyone who can help me get started. Thank you so much!

Sabine Girard.
Posted 8 months ago
Doug We all started as new to RP so I would never consider that as a negative and our community has always been very welcome, and understanding, to those new to RP. Not having English as your primary language can be a great RP story line (someone from a far away land maybe?) and I doubt very much that not being really Victorian will be a problem. Strike up a conversation, give your character(s) a short story line either in game or on the forums and welcome.

Horatio Worthwaite
EveryJane Technical Support Staff
Posted 8 months ago
Flore Hello Sabine! I'm not English either and I'm having a great time here! People are really welcoming, don't hesitate to talk to them. You can always try to find my main character, Eleanor Robins. I made her half French since I am French myself, you can do the same with your character.

Flore.
Posted 8 months ago
Eversley Thank you both for your replies! Actually I was thinking of my character as someone who came from France, that is why I chose that name hehe. But I don't even know how to speak French. Maybe Sabine doesn't speak French in order to improve her English. lol
Thanks again and I'll say hi if I see you in game. ♥
Posted 7 months ago
Flore Don't worry about speaking whatever language in game, we all just pretend! I never speak French in game, even when Eleanor does.
I hope to see you soon in game!

Flore.
Posted 7 months ago