Index > Player Introductions > Language barrier.

Language barrier.

Author Post
eversley Hello everyone, I am Sabine in game. And I am absolutely excited to start interacting and creating stories with the rest of you, but unfortunately, English is not my fist language, and I never dare to speak to anyone there. I don't know what can I do to solve it, because even though I kinda can communicate in English, is not even close to the Victorian one, not to mention my lack of knowledge in titles and courtesy of the time. Also I have little to none experience roleplaying. D:

I wonder if there is anyone who can help me get started. Thank you so much!

Sabine Girard.
Posted 10 months ago
Doug We all started as new to RP so I would never consider that as a negative and our community has always been very welcome, and understanding, to those new to RP. Not having English as your primary language can be a great RP story line (someone from a far away land maybe?) and I doubt very much that not being really Victorian will be a problem. Strike up a conversation, give your character(s) a short story line either in game or on the forums and welcome.

Horatio Worthwaite
EveryJane Technical Support Staff
Posted 10 months ago
Flore Hello Sabine! I'm not English either and I'm having a great time here! People are really welcoming, don't hesitate to talk to them. You can always try to find my main character, Eleanor Robins. I made her half French since I am French myself, you can do the same with your character.

Flore.
Posted 10 months ago
Eversley Thank you both for your replies! Actually I was thinking of my character as someone who came from France, that is why I chose that name hehe. But I don't even know how to speak French. Maybe Sabine doesn't speak French in order to improve her English. lol
Thanks again and I'll say hi if I see you in game. ♥
Posted 10 months ago
Flore Don't worry about speaking whatever language in game, we all just pretend! I never speak French in game, even when Eleanor does.
I hope to see you soon in game!

Flore.
Posted 10 months ago