Index > Request for Enhancements > Hands-free walking

Hands-free walking

Author Post
archaeolojess Hello!
This is a sign I've been playing too much, but the other night I had a dream that there was a sort of 'conveyor belt' lap throughout areas of the game - similar to the moving sidewalks at airports - where we could position our character. They would then stand and move on their own on a predetermined route (say, a small loop around part of the green) , which leaves the player's hands free to type. I know nothing of software development, but I wonder if something similar could be done (way down the line)? It's a little awkward to walk, stop and type, walk, stop and type, etc. And if you're wanting to whisper while you walk, we now risk walking outside the range of our friend before we're able to get their response. Again, total "dream big" idea, but I wanted to throw it out there!
Posted 1 year ago
Doug We have the 'keyboard hands free walk' option in our list of things to add to the game. There is no eta but it is on the list.
Posted 1 year ago
Dantes I was thinking recently, what with the proximity chat, it might be more convenient to have a "Follow" command rather than a simple Auto-Walk. That way you could click on a character, select "Follow", and then never stray further than Whisper distance from them (unless you get stuck on scenery). Then when you're walking and talking, assuming you were both Following each other, you could walk while your partner is typing, and then your partner could walk while you compose a reply.

I guess Auto-Walk might still be useful in its own right, although I have visions of people walking into trees, buildings, or the river if they don't manage to turn it off at the right moment.
Posted 1 year ago