Index > Known Bugs > In want of a house... again!

In want of a house... again!

Author Post
TrueWizard1507 Having changed all of my characters, their house is now vacant. I want to purchase a different house in Oakston (did originally own 38 Magpie Lane, but now want to own 2 Bloombury Place ((I think that's the name of it...)). However, the housing certificate does not want to show up on Mrs. Hatch's writing desk. The mission skips that step entirely, in fact, and goes straight to asking me to find an unoccupied house. I'm guessing this shouldn't happen, and have been advised to persist by another player (which I will continue to do), but has this happened to anyone else and what should I do about it? I don't want to lose this very nice house!
Posted 2 months ago
Doug Please send an email to support@3turnproductions.com with the name of the character in question and we can check our db to see if there is an issue with that character's housing certificate quest.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt I had a similar problem, but the next day (after server reset) the certificate was back on the desk.
Posted 2 months ago
Doug :)
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt I just tried to claim a house with my replacement certificate - and it didn't work. (I was trying for 45, Theobolds Road in Oakston). Tried logging out and back in, and the certificate has been in my inventory for over a week, so it isn't a server reset problem...
Posted 2 months ago
Doug Oakston is our test server and we know that there are problems. I would ask that you try another unowned house and see if it works there.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt Tried again - I was still unable to claim 45, Theobold's Road, failed again with 32, Theobold's Lane, but successfully claimed 52, Magpie Lane
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt Which, by the way, is full of grass - coming halfway up the legs of the chairs (so I don't actually want it - I prefer carpets or floorboards!)
Posted 2 months ago
Doug Some homes do have grass showing and we are not sure why but it is something we are looking into.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt But this time, claiming in Oakston did complete the quest. I then dropped the house, and so far the quest shows in the journal as 'done' - I will try again after the server bounce to get another certificate.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt Assuming the server got restarted since my last post - the quest is still showing as 'done', 52, Magpie Lane is unowned (so it isn't because I already have a house), and I can't restart the quest to get another certificate.

I have sent an email to support.
Posted 2 months ago
Doug Email received and replied to.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt Likewise - the problem is still there.
Posted 2 months ago
Doug Email reply sent.
Posted 2 months ago
dagngayt Replied again (twice) - just tried the quest on two more characters and in neither case did the certificate appear on the desk.
Posted 2 months ago