Index > General Discussion > Unable to Login

Unable to Login

Author Post
ManfredofOtranto Hello.

I try to login to the client and it says "Not connected to login server" when I type in my password and press enter. Then it says "Unable to connect to the server." I am running on Windows 10 on a somewhat ancient laptop. I have had this problem before, but usually it "fixes" itself after a few tries. I note that it usually occurs around 8-9 PM EDT. It is super frustrating for me, especially since it is an almost daily occurrence, and sometimes makes me have to wait for hours on account of it. Anything that could be done to fix this would be most welcome.

Cheers,

ManfredofOtranto
Posted 1 year ago
ManfredofOtranto I take this back. I've seen that the server is down for maintenance. But still this is a common problem for me, so I guess better out than in?
Posted 1 year ago
moonage We are all locked out... *cries*

At least now the mystery of Mr. Rossetti's absence between 8-9pm is solved.
Posted 1 year ago
Dantes Just to add my login experiences to the record: Frequently when I start up EJ I'll have the red message down the bottom that says "Unable to connect to the server...", and if I quit and restart one or two times the message usually disappears and it'll let me log in. Occasionally the problem is persistent, but so far restarting my computer seems to have cleared it up.

This is a pretty constant issue, notwithstanding the times when the server is down. It's a nuisance, but at least my game's usually pretty stable once I manage to log in.
Posted 1 year ago
Doug We have found that in some cases restarting your computer does resolve the login issue. We are working on our QA servers to resolve as many known issues as possible while at the same time adding as much new content as possible.
Posted 1 year ago
lilithofthevalley I know you're working on fixing issues but just wanted to pop in and say I can't log in for a different reason. I type in my user name and password, hit login, and absolutely nothing happens. No error message, it's not frozen, just nothing. I logged in successfully my first time but realized I wanted to change the graphics and when I tried to log back in this happened (multiple times). Tried restarting, no fix.
Posted 1 year ago
Sarah If you were able to get in successfully once it's unlikely to be something like a firewall blocking issue which I'd usually suspect. This may be fixed for you after the next time we restart the servers. (We currently try to restart them at least once a day when no one is playing.) Something else you can try for now is to create another account and see if you can login normally. Some members of our community have reported success logging in a "stuck" account after logging in with a second account. I'm sorry for this frustration and I hope we can get you in and playing very soon!

Tomorrow (Thursday) we are also having our next game update of Open Beta. This update includes some more fixes and changes to logging in to try to address as many of the login problems as possible.
Posted 1 year ago
Dantes Since the new patch, I've continued to have login issues. Sometimes it's as I described above, but on a couple of occasions I entered my name and password and then nothing happens. There's just the three buttons for Password, Kickstarter, and something else.

I've still been able to get in eventually after several quit-and-reloads, though.
Posted 1 year ago
ManfredofOtranto I am now having a problem where when I hit Enter to log in, nothing happens. I even click the login button and nothing happens. I was able to make it to character selection the first time, but then the thing froze on me and I have been trying since to no avail. Is the server down?
Posted 1 year ago
Doug When that issue does happen please send an email to support@3turnproductions.com to open a ticket and we can then work with you to resolve it.
Posted 1 year ago
ManfredofOtranto Thank you very much. It seemed to have resolved itself, oddly, as most things tend to do here. Thanks!
Posted 1 year ago