Index > General Discussion > A request for assistance...

A request for assistance...

Author Post
Lizzy Woodhouse Hello! I've just signed up for Ever, Jane and am really enjoying playing on closed beta. I'm not a big player of computer games but when I heard there was a Regency themed one I just had to check it out. It truly is a magnificent game. However, there are a couple of things I'm not so sure about which I'd like to check...
Firstly, there is a certain Dorothea Hatch in the parlour. I have walked around her and curtseyed on many occasions, but it isn't clear to me what to do next as she never responds. How do I become introduced to her and start her handkerchief quest which I've often heard of?
Next, I'm wonder whose house the one with the parlour is. It seems to be my main base as there is a button to return to it, however because Ms Hatch suddenly appeared there and because I don't seem to be able to edit the room, I'm starting to wonder if am intruding on someone else's house!
Lastly, it would be really helpful to know what to do next and how to get onto the multiplayer world. Sorry if I've missed something and if these questions sound really obvious, but it'd be really helpful if you could answer some of them. Thank you!

Thanks again for the amazing game. Really looking forward to the full version!

Lizzy
Posted 1 year ago
Doug Lizzy:

Thank you for your post. You can start to play the game by clicking on the desk in the parlor and selecting the handkerchief quest to begin. You can also find instructions on what to do, and how to do it, by clicking the the magazine button that is marked with a ?
Hopefully this helps and again, Welcome.

Doug
Posted 1 year ago
Lizzy Woodhouse Thanks for your help, Doug! Sorry for asking rather a simple question. I have tried clicking on the button in the book but the instructions don't appear in my task list...and then sometimes it acts as if I haven't started the quest, so there are no further instructions in the magazine or task list. I guess it's a glitch. Will keep trying anyhow.
Posted 1 year ago
Doug Lizzy:

We found an issue with the construction of the desk and the publishing of the magazine. We found that the builders were, shall we say, imbibing a bit too much on the job. We have rectified the situation and the desk and the magazine are now working as intended. ((We rebooted the servers)).

Thank you for your feedback.

Doug
Posted 1 year ago
Lizzy Woodhouse I see. I'm still experiencing this bug but will try again later. Thanks again for your help!
Posted 1 year ago
Doug Feedback from Ms. Hatch was that some of the handkerchiefs that were knitted for her were not up to her standard and so she has returned some (these have not been dropped of course) and the good quality ones have absentmindedly been dropped. (We are still looking into why some are dropped and the task list shows this and why others are not dropped and no task list for this quest shows). The rest of the quests do appear to be working as designed.

Thank you for your input and patience

Doug
Posted 1 year ago
LizzieW I'm also having trouble getting started. I thought I needed to start at the writing desk to essentially start the "Lost Hankerchief" quest, but when I click into "Stories" all of them say, "The text is blurry. You may need to find your reading glasses." Am I missing something?
Posted 1 year ago
Doug When you receive that message about the blurry text please click on the Join button in the window to join the quest. Also, what is the name of the first quest on the far left that is showing for you?
Posted 1 year ago
Lizzy Woodhouse Sorry for the late reply. I've been having internet problems too lately. Thanks for your help, it seems the issue is now resolved.
LizzieW, I too had a similar problem with the "Lost Handkerchief" quest, however it has now resolved itself for me, hope it has for you too.
Brilliant update, and it's resolved a lot of the bugs I was having before. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Posted 1 year ago
Doug Thanks for the update comment and thank you for playing.
Posted 1 year ago