Index > General Discussion > Can we talk to other players?

Can we talk to other players?

Author Post
kittypryde84@outlook.com I saw another player walking around and I wanted to talk to them. I can't seem to make anything work. Is there a basic instructional guide for all of this?
Posted 7 months ago
Doug To communicate in game with others we have Localized Chat:
/private – talk to just that one person.
/whisper – talk to only those near you (real close).
/say or just type in chat– for everyone in the vicinity, about the size of a room but might also be outside the room too.
/shout – for the entire town you are in.

Hopefully this helps
Posted 7 months ago
Sarah There is also an article that talks about these commands, and other parts of the game, in our Knowledge Base:
https://3turnproductionshelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/236109228-Nuances-of-Chat
Posted 7 months ago
SarahCC I have tried both the / commands and typing in the text box and nothing works. The text just becomes highlighted in the text box but does not send. I also can't 'hear' anyone else speaking.
Posted 1 month ago
Doug Are you on a MAC or Windows system?
Posted 1 month ago
SarahCC Mac. I think you explained it in the bug report forum.
Posted 1 month ago
Doug We have built the MAC builds with the most recent MAC OS files. The problems we are seeing with the MAC builds is a networking issue between Unity software (our EverJane software platform) and the MAC OS. Apple is aware that their software and Unity are having problems in the Game community and are working on a fix. Appleinsider.com has some articles on this for your reading but we are awaiting an official response from Apple. We are contacting the Apple MAC people to try and resolve this but in the meantime we do not have a resolution to this issue.

Posted 1 month ago