Index > General Discussion > Can Not Complete/Get Beginning Quests

Can Not Complete/Get Beginning Quests

Author Post
Sara Grace I am new to the game and have been utilizing the Magazine as I go through quests. I was able to take the handkerchief quest; however, when I returned it I was not given a "Thank you", nor did it show as completed, even though the Magazine read "The End" and directed me to Shepherd Brimly. I retried the handkerchief quest three times, but had the same result (I did log in and out twice to try to reset). After the third, it appeared I could not get the quest again so I moved on to try the next quest. Again, I was unable to interact. I tried to open the task list, as was directed, but no tasks appeared. I tried right clicking, left clicking, and even speaking to him, but nothing happened. I'm stuck and am not sure how to proceed.
Posted 6 months ago
Sarah Welcome, and thank you for letting us know! It sounds as though you are certainly doing everything correctly and the server is getting confused about what step you've just completed. Our next game update has some fundamental infrastructure changes for the quest system, but I'd like to try a server restart to see if that will at least allow you to complete the story normally for now. If possible, we try to only server restart when there is no one playing (usually in the early morning Mountain US timezone). I will update again here after the next time I can restart. (There are people playing now but I'll restart as soon as I can before tomorrow.)
Posted 6 months ago
Sara Grace Thank you so much. I will try playing again later tomorrow after the server restart. Hopefully that will fix what ails my poor tutorial.
Posted 6 months ago
Sarah The server has been restarted! When you can, please tell me know if that helps. (You will likely need to start the story again from the Writing Desk, but that option should again be available to your character.)
Posted 6 months ago