Index > The Post Office > To Lord Henry Grey, From Miss Bay James

To Lord Henry Grey, From Miss Bay James

Author Post
Baleigh (when the letter writing won't work in the game)

Lord Grey,
I must start off this letter by first telling you how sorry I am for what I asked today. Asking about your feelings for a certain lady was not only uncalled for but extremely unladylike. Please don't believe that I am always like that. I really did believe that you were in distress and needed someone to talk to. I hope you will forgive me though for that act of treason.
The second offense that I must apologize for is my strange behavior afterward. You mentioned something about how listening in on others' conversations was a bad habit, and also how I wasn't giving myself the respect I deserved. I will admit that you are right about that. For years I have had people treat me one way only to harm me the next. As such I have learned to listen so I can know where I stand with people. The last time I didn't I was hurt drastically, by something that almost destroyed my very heart and soul. I will not go into detail about it here, because as you so graciously told me, we've only known each other a few days, but know that there is a reason to why I do the things I do. I know that it's not proper, but I cannot risk being hurt like I was again.
I hope that you will forgive me for my horrendous behavior. I do not expect a letter back from you, but you are free to reply if you'd like.
Yours,
Bay James
Posted 1 week ago