Index > The Post Office > To Bay James from Elizabeth Wright

To Bay James from Elizabeth Wright

Author Post
Baleigh My Dearest Bay,
Why have I not heard from you? Your aunt was kind enough to write me and give me your new address, but I am appalled that I have heard nothing from you. I miss you greatly here, as does the rest of Bath. Henry Sears has mentioned your name on multiple occasions and I think it a right shame that he never made any indication of feelings towards you before. I think the two of you would have made an excellent match. Daniel Burns wrote me a pretty letter the other day telling me how he loved me, but I am not sure how to take it. I do love him, but I also know that he does not have a lot of money. I cannot afford to be romantic, although I know that you will chastise me for it. I will hope for the best though and think long and hard before I make any final decisions.
I hope that you are well and that you will write me again soon. I miss you dearly and want to hear back from you as soon as possible.
Love Your Dearest Friend,
Lizzie
Posted 2 weeks ago
Baleigh My Dearest Lizzie,
I am sorry for not writing you sooner, but you will forgive me of course. I will admit that after the passing of my parents I was not in the mood to speak to anyone, much less put forth the energy to write a letter. I miss you too and have no doubt of you missing me, but I do not know if I believe that the entirety of Bath is mourning my departure. As for Henry Sears, I have never felt anything for him before and am sure that his new feelings are all in his head. If you love Daniel Burns then you should think about marrying him. You have plenty of money and would be able to live a comfortable life with him. However, it would not be as elaborate as the one you have been living. It is up to you to decide how much he means to you. I will not chastise you for not being a romantic, but I will tell you that it's better to follow your heart and be happy then to marry someone for money and be miserable later.
I hope that all is well with you and I hope to see you again soon. I miss you dearly as well and hope that you write as soon as possible.
Love Your Friend,
Bay
Posted 2 weeks ago