Index > The Post Office > Christmas Ball at the Estate

Christmas Ball at the Estate

Author Post
sophiaunderwood Lord and Lady Fillintheblank request the attendance of all their freinds in Tyrhampton and Oakston at the Ball at their Estate on Sunday 10th of December current, at 3'o clock pm ((EST)).

Derbyshire, December, 1806

(( Below is a link to a great list of period traditions for the holiday. Lord and Lady F will have a Christmas tree, but this was a new practice and lower class characters might not even recognize it, while other characters might view it as a pagan blight on a religious observance! And there will of course be plenty of wassail to go around!

https://elisabraden.wordpress.com/2015/12/05/have-yourself-a-regency-christmas/ ))
Posted 1 month ago
TrueWizard1507 ((Yay, a ball at last! This is 8pm GMT for any UK players, which is the perfect time. You’ll definitely see me here!))
Posted 1 month ago
byzantiumc ((Fantastic! Mrs Gardiner will no doubt bring her daughter to the ball in the hopes of finding a husband for her. ))
Posted 1 month ago
kendrafortune ((Is it wrong that I am more excited about this than my work Xmas do? Lol))
Posted 1 month ago
TrueWizard1507 ((Of course not! I think this is the first proper ball that us UK lot have had the chance to attend, at least we'll get to meet a few more US players lol))
Posted 1 month ago
appl3bl0ss0m Miss Jayne Poldark would be delighted to attend (hopefully). Thank you so much for the invitation.
Posted 1 month ago
Grizella Campbell-Coffin ((Hey, everyone-due to some unforseen circumstances, the lovely sophiaunderwood won't be around for the first two hours of the ball. She's asked me to be around for the first two hours to assist newer players, so Lord Marchmont [appearing in-client as "Count Patrick Marchmont"] will be around for any questions, as well as to [out of character] time the dances if the dancing minigame [which only accomodates four players per turn] is foregone, which is what we have done in the past for balls. You can find an introduction to Lord M in the Character Introductionshere:

http://www.everjane.com/forum/10-character-introductions/1575-patrick-hume-campbell-the-right-honble-earl-of-marchmont ))
Posted 1 month ago
Grizella Campbell-Coffin ((The ball starts in about 15 minutes! I'll be giving everyone a half-hour to get in, get situated, and find partners. The first set will then begin and be timed at a half-hour [the minigame only accomodates four people and doesn't really work] to give people plenty of time to talk, etc. I'll be shouting OOC to ensure I'm heard. I look forward to seeing all of you!))
Posted 1 month ago
Grizella Campbell-Coffin ((We've been having major log-in issues-please wait until 4:05 EST, 9:05 GMT, to try logging in again.))
Posted 1 month ago
Doug ((Servers rebooted - please give it a few minutes before trying to log in again - sorry for the inconvenience))
Posted 1 month ago
EarthenForge ((Sorry to have missed meeting & dancing with you all - I kept running into problems trying to log in and none of the usual tricks worked, so I'm going to go do something else. Silas Turner will have to meet you newer folks another time! <3))
Posted 1 month ago
sophiaunderwood (( Yes, Grizella thank you thank you thank you for helping run point in my absence! My aunt passed and the funeral was of course scheduled for the exact time I planned on starting the ball. I'm so bummed I couldn't be more present for the UK players but I hope everyone had a good time! I know there were some IC comments about not knowing the vicar Mr. Creasey and there not being enough men in general.... But we tried really hard to put together an event that everyone on either side of the pond could enjoy and I'm disappointed it didn't work out better... ))
Posted 1 month ago
TrueWizard1507 ((Well I, for one, had a wonderful time! An excellent first ball! I very much look forward to the next one :) ))
Posted 1 month ago
kendrafortune ((Yes it was fun! Thank you.))
Posted 1 month ago
HeHa ((I thought it turned out well! I only made the joke about the vicar because Miriam and Kendra had been joking about finding one as a romantic partner before- not because I thought the game was lacking))
Posted 1 month ago