Index > The Post Office > Masquerade Ball Invitation ((Event date: April 8, 2017 at 3 pm EST))

Masquerade Ball Invitation ((Event date: April 8, 2017 at 3 pm EST))

Author Post
sideoffries ((The following invitation is sent to all the residents of Tyrehampton and Oakston))

To The Residents of Tryehampton:

Captain and Mrs. Aldridge
In cooperation with Lord FillInTheBlank
Cordially Invite You
To a
Bal Masquè
With a theme of
Greek Mythology
To be held at the
Lord’s Estate
Near the village of
Tyrehampton
Festivities will commence at
3:00 pm EST (15:00)
On
Saturday, 8th of April 18xx
Music and Refreshments will be provided

((Rules/Guidelines))
-This is a 3 hour event...of course, players may remain in game at their own discretion.
-This is to be a Maquerade Ball. The fun is to have players play their characters under a “mask” which is to be simulated by creating a character with a name from Greek Mythology.
-Everyone is encouraged to wear a basic outfit: women are encouraged to wear the basic white or single color dress….men are encouraged to wear the white shirt and tan pants combination. Choice of hair is up to the individual, but default to "wise."
-This will be a NO CROSS DRESSING event. We are testing the theory on this to see how it all plays out. If it goes smoothly, then we may open up the next similar event to allow for it.
-Players who wish to participate will be requested to submit a name (plus alternate name) of a figure from Greek Mythology for their character(s).
-Submissions are due at Noon EST on Saturday 1st of April, 2017.
-If two players submit the same name, we will make a random drawing to see who wins the name for their character and then will use the alternate name for the player’s character whose name is not drawn.
-Submissions may be made privately to either George Aldridge or Beatrix Aldridge.
-At the end of the event, we will accept guesses for which Greek figure was played by which in game character. This will be an OOC guess so players may keep their identities completely hidden in game if they so choose.

-Captain Aldridge will attempt to make himself available in game as often as possible so that other players may submit their costume request by use of the /private chat.
Posted 5 months ago
sideoffries ((Just a reminder to submit your requests and to bump.))
Posted 5 months ago
sideoffries The following is a list of the Greek figures already claimed for the Masquerade Ball:
Alcyone
Astraea
Ceyx
Demeter
Dionysus
Elpis
Gaia
Hades
Helios
Hermes
Icarus
Nemesis
Persephone
Prometheus
Pygmalion and the statue
Selene

If you wish to submit a costume request and wish to keep your identity secret (which is the fun of Masquerade), post here what times you are available in game and I will try to meet up with you in game for your submission.

George Aldridge
Posted 5 months ago
jclemons32 I would very much like to participate but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in game, yet!

If you would, perhaps email me at jessclemons32@gmail.com and I will definitely tell you my Greek figure.
Posted 5 months ago
sideoffries The following is the UPDATED list of the Greek figures already claimed for the Masquerade Ball:
Alcyone
Andromeda
Astraea
Ceyx
Chronos
Demeter
Dionysus
Elpis
Gaia
Hades
Helios
Hermes
Icarus
Melpomene
Nemesis
Persephone
Perseus
Prometheus
Pygmalion and the statue
Selene

You may use "mb" (Masquerade Ball) for the last name of your costumed character.
Posted 5 months ago
sideoffries NOTES ABOUT THE MASQUERADE:

-The Bal Masque will be overseen by Chronos who will make any important announcements.
-The event will last until approximately 6 pm EST.
-We will be using the "dance" method of more recent events where characters will form two lines facing each other: one female line and one male line.
-Dances will be announced by Chronos who will keep the time. The first dance will commence at approximately 3:15 pm EST. Each dance will last about 10 minutes and will be followed by a 5 minute break.
-There will be light refreshments in the Ballroom at the Estate. These include both wine and tea along with finger food desserts.
-There will be a buffet style spread of food in the Dining Room. This will include hot and cold meats, cheeses, seasonal fruits and vegetables, sauces, and desserts.
-Servants of the Estate will be located in each room where there is furniture to assist any participants who have a need of anything. Servants and drivers/footmen will be moving/waiting about the front of the manor.
-Lord Fillintheblank has requested that all attendees restrict themselves to the main floor of the manor and the entire garden. ((This is not to say that some will not be sneaking off to more remote places where they should not go. ;) ))

Have fun!

Posted 5 months ago
LadyPenelope I was slow to see this, I have created a Greek named character, but I do not know anyone in game I am afraid!
Posted 5 months ago
sideoffries jclemons and LadyPenelope.....I am sorry we were not able to meet up in game before the event. LadyPenelope, I did see you there, so welcome to the community of players. Events can be a difficult time to try to meet people as a lot of players are attempting to move their character's storyline along.

Please, keep stopping by Mrs. Hatch's parlor or other social areas to meet the characters of the game. If you ever see my character, George Aldridge, he is generally happy to meet people who are new to the area....after a proper introduction by Mrs. Hatch or another, of course.

Posted 5 months ago