Index > Character Introductions > Patrick Hume-Campbell, the Right Honble. Earl of Marchmont

Patrick Hume-Campbell, the Right Honble. Earl of Marchmont

Author Post
Grizella Campbell-Coffin Patrick Hume-Campbell, the Right Honble. The Earl of Marchmont, son of the late Alexander Hume-Campbell, Lord Polwarth, and the still living Amabel Hume-Campbell, suo jure Baroness Lucas, took up residence with the Byrnes in their Oakston townhouse this summer. His father having died in 1781, Marchie, as he was known to his school friends, inherited his title on the death of his grandfather, Hugh Hume-Campbell, 3rd Earl of Marchmont, in 1794, at the age of 14.

A steadfast (and perhaps unreasonably stubborn) Foxite Whig, it is his hope to one day be elected to the seat of a representative peer before he inherits his mother's titles. The family seat, Marchmont House, is in Berwickshire, while his maternal family resides in Bedfordshire. Lord Marchmont is a reasonably tall gentleman of athletic build, with grey eyes and prematurely grey hair. He enjoys hunting, shooting, riding for pleasure, cards, and, perhaps above all, politics.

((Ld Marchmont has been in play for several months and I know many have already met him. I'm terrible about writing and posting character introductions, but as he'll be the character around for questions, etc, at the ball tomorrow, I thought I ought to introduce him.))
Posted 1 month ago