Index > Character Introductions > Mr James MacTavish

Mr James MacTavish

Author Post
TrueWizard1507 James MacTavish, known as Jamie to his family and close friends, is the eldest child of Rupert and Ellen MacTavish. Born in 1792, the first few years of his life were spent in his hometown of Inverness, Scotland. The MacTavish family decided to move to England in 1795, after years of famine and hardship after the Battle of Culloden made it financially impossible to remain in Scotland any longer. Rupert, along with Ellen and their three young children, left their old life behind to start afresh in Bath. Rupert became secretary to the Mayor of the City, a position he still holds to this day. Jamie and his sisters, Clara and Eliza, grew up in the bustling city, but always felt as though something was missing from their lives. In their eyes, Bath would never compare to Inverness.

Jamie dreams of eventually returning to his hometown, when he is older. He misses Scotland dearly, and tries to travel there regularly to visit distant family and old friends. While he is there, he enjoys long walks through the Highlands, along with hunting and camping in the wild. He also has a soft spot for history and family genealogy, and often finds himself wandering Culloden Moor and the surrounding strongholds. He hopes to write a book, one day, on the Jacobite Uprising that nearly destroyed his family.

At 21, he remains unmarried and wishes to stay that way for at least a few years. This does not stop his mother from attempting to matchmake on his behalf. Jamie hopes for a Scottish bride, one that values her roots as much as he does. He wants his marriage partner to be equal in all respects, a companion rather than property.

Jamie has joined his twin sisters in Tyrehampton, as he hopes the countryside will subdue his longing for Scotland for a while.
Posted 2 months ago
apandaplease <3

((I love Outlander!!))

Looking forward to meeting Mr. MacTavish!
Posted 2 months ago
TrueWizard1507 ((I absolutely love Outlander too!! I've just finished reading the first book but I know what happens later in the series, was it really that obvious lol?))
Posted 2 months ago
apandaplease ((no! :p I think it's just because Iverness is such a random place, I figured it out from there. Excited to see how you portray him!))
Posted 2 months ago
TrueWizard1507 ((There are way too many Outlander links in my character, it's a bit sad lol. He's got red hair and everything! XD))
Posted 2 months ago
kendrafortune ((There are a lot of red-haired men in Tyrehampton! I hope Jamie gets himself a kilt one day!))
Posted 2 months ago
TrueWizard1507 ((Now that I think about it, there are a lot of red heads in Tyrehampton! I suggested a kilt in the 'request for enhancements' thread, and one of the admin really liked the idea. I gave a few kilt suggestions if you fancy a read - using our favourite Scottish red-headed kilt-wearing Highlander for reference obviously :P Hopefully it doesn't take too long to add one in-game, if they can add one at all..!))
Posted 2 months ago
kendrafortune ((I've just started watching the first series. Might be developing a mini-crush.))
Posted 2 months ago
TrueWizard1507 ((Perfectly normal, of course! Let me know what you think when I'm next in-game :) ))
Posted 2 months ago