Index > Character Introductions > Introducing Lady Amaris Kinney

Introducing Lady Amaris Kinney

Author Post
apandaplease Lady Amaris Kinney is the only child to Lord and Lady Kenny. Lord Kinney, being the 5th Earl of Carlisle, had always wanted a son to carry on the family name, however that good fortune was not bestowed upon he and his lovely wife. Amaris’ mother had many pregnancies, but many unfortunately were not viable. However, being the only child, in a great house had its perks. Amaris got away with a lot of things growing up. Some would say she was a spoiled child, yet she never really wanted much. So if you mean she was spoiled by love then you’d be correct. Her parents are that almost cliché romantic couple who have stayed strong even in the worst of times. This kind of romanticism and relationship they hope their only daughter would find someday too.

Growing up, Amaris attended her studies attended sewing and reading circles, but her true passions included just getting outside and getting her hands dirty. Many times she would be found at the highest point in a tree, to the disappointment of her mother and amusement of her father. Climbing trees and dirty fingernails were just not the qualities of an Earl’s daughter. This is why on the eve of her 20th birthday she was told she was going to be sent to attend school at the world renown school in Tyrehampton run by an even more renown individual, Mrs. Hatch. At first she loathed the idea, but realized she did have a responsibility for her family’s sake, however she is not so keen on the idea of being sent off to school in order to hopefully gain the attention of a male companion and possible future husband. Until this happens....what's wrong with being a slight thorn in the system and going against the norm?
Posted 2 months ago
byzantiumc Lady Kinney is the sweetest. I hope all the drama in Tyrehampton doesn't sully her!
Posted 2 months ago
apandaplease ((I hope not!))

She adores her good friend Emma!
Posted 2 months ago
sophiaunderwood (( I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check for a character intro when I asked about her title on your player intro thread the other day. D'oh! So since she's a peer's daughter (not a wife), she would be addressed as Lady Amaris. As an aside, her mother and father would be called Lord and Lady Carlisle, as Kinney is their surname and Carlisle is the title. (Like in Downton Abbey you have Lord and Lady Grantham, but the family's surname is Crawley, thus Lady Mary Crawley who is addressed in speech as "Lady Mary.") It's a very messy area and easy to misstep -- I've been really impressed by the willingness of many new players to dive headfirst into all the muddiness of titles!

Hope to encounter Lady Amaris in game soon! ))
Posted 1 month ago