Index > Character Introductions > Lady Jupeck's Maid -of-all- work, Lizzy Lee, has arrived

Lady Jupeck's Maid -of-all- work, Lizzy Lee, has arrived

Author Post
Lady Jupeck Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am Lizzy Lee, a maid-of-all-work for the Lady Jupeck. The rest of her staff, the ones not remaining in Bath, will be arriving shortly. I was sent ahead to put certain household things in order. These include the things I will be doing, like run errands, sweep, dust, polish, clean, wash, fetch and carry, set and stoke the fires as needed. This necessitates that I lugging large amounts of coal up flights of stairs to all the fireplaces, plus regularly remove the coals and ashes to clean the fireplaces. I am just thankful that Lady Jupeck’s home in Oakston does not have as many as her other homes that have many, many fireplaces. All of this must be done daily from 5:30 am till 9:00 pm with one half-day off, sometimes more, sometimes not at all if she entertains, and I never know from one day to the next what will be. If she does have me work extra hard she always allow me two days rest and generously gives me a bit of change for my pocket.
I will be residing with the Lady Jupeck in Oakston but receiving mail and visitors at Mrs. Hatches establishment, should anyone be inquiring.
Posted 3 months ago
Ara-Rose I look forward to meeting and being of acquaintance to you.

-Arabella Forrester
Posted 3 months ago