From Baron Albert Readdie to Admiral Abel Cripps  

RSS
(@mimieudoxia)

(Glitches in client meant I was unable to respond using the in-client letter system)

Dear Admiral Cripps, 

I would be all too honoured to pass the documents to my cousin. I hope you will not mind too much that I had a quick look at the documents myself; while my cousin is a kind and friendly young man, he can also be seen as rather foolhardy. We will be sad to see him go, but glad to see him blossom into the man he was meant to be! Do come for tea when my cousin, Mimi, returns; she loves tales of the sea. 

Kind regards, 
Albert Readdie 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2019 2:13 pm
(@travdad)
New Member Customer

Dear Lord Readdie,

Your caution on behalf of your cousin does you credit, but it is unnecessary. We would be glad to welcome a brave and bright young man such as Mr Barrant into the Navy, and I have no doubt it will make a man of him.

If I am still in town when your cousin returns then I would of course be delighted to meet her. I have secured my room at the Fleckcot Glebe for the next ten days, beyond that my future is uncertain and depends on the success or otherwise of my endeavours in Tyrehampton. 

Yours sincerely,

Abel Cripps

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2019 1:36 pm Mimi Readdie liked
(@mimieudoxia)

Dear Admiral Cripps, 

I caution you only in my cousin's best interest. There is no doubt that he is capable of a great many things, and has the makings of a very able sailor. Still, I am not without some anxiety as to his fate; even the most able and courageous sailors can be taken into the great beyond by a cruel sword, or surprise bullet. I am putting my cousin's safety in your hands, on behalf of his sister as well as myself. Though, I feel I must also reassure you that if you were to find him unsuitable due to ill-health or disobedience, he will not be without financial assistance. Do not feel bad if you cannot find a role for him in the Royal Navy, not everyone can actualise their potential at sea. 

While the idea is still fresh in my mind, I would like to invite you along to the Writers' Guild meeting next month. I usually board the coach at 12pm from Hatch's school; if your stay is to be brief, I have every intention of giving you a pleasant tour of our beautiful county. I am a member of the Parish Council, and would be all too glad to promote our finest features. 

Be well, 
Albert Readdie 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2019 9:34 am

Working

Please Login or Register