Titles for Men  

RSS
(@truewizard1507)
Estimable Member

I know it isn't technically a title, but the rank of Lord would be great as an option for characters in-game. Specifically for use with characters being younger sons of Dukes, Marquesses etc, as the younger sons would be called The Lord... The resource I'm using for reference is  https://www.chinet.com/~laura/html/titles12.html ,  which is brilliant for confusing ranks. In my specific example the father is a Duke, the eldest son is a Marquess and the younger son is The Lord. So a title of Lord would be really handy. Many thanks  😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 4:49 pm
 AmyW
(@awolf)
Eminent Member

I second this, but I'd like a way to know what their rank is too.  "The Viscount Munthorpe" would also be "Lord Munthorpe" or "my lord" in conversation; not to be confused as the same rank as "The Earl of Withington", who would be referred to in conversation as "Lord Withington" and also "my lord".  Maybe everyone's calling cards would state their full title (if they have one)?  Thanks TrueWizard1507 for the link to that website!

Also, maybe having a connection of some sort with a titled person could raise a character's status?  Or if someone who was nobility "called" on a character they'd get a status bump too?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 6:41 pm TrueWizard1507 liked
 Doug
(@horatio)
Reputable Member Admin

I have passed along to management the request to add 'Lord' to the titles for men.  No promises but we will look into it.

Thanks for the input.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2018 8:40 pm

Working

Please Login or Register