Lieutenant Ian Osmond  

RSS
(@xiphias)
Eminent Member

Lieutenant Osmond is a handsome young man who looks everything that that a young British officer ought to be. He is tall, with a ready smile for everyone. He talks quite freely on topics of sport and entertainment, on plays and novels, on riding and hunts. He drinks enough to be merry, but never enough to be inappropriate, and he gambles only a reasonable amount, never more than he can afford, and always pays his debts promptly.

A particularly critical person might think he's perhaps a bit TOO effusive, and just a hair more charming that one really ought to be. He doesn't talk about any specifics of where he served or what campaigns he was in, but that wouldn't be an appropriate topic for pleasant conversation, of course.

A particularly observant, and perhaps suspicious, person might notice that he never mentions too much about his family. Or even where he is from. And he's perhaps just the slightest bit vague about the people he's staying with in Tyrehampton. But then, what's wrong with that? After all, a good conversationalist isn't too forward, is he?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2016 4:22 pm
 Doug
(@horatio)
Reputable Member Admin

I have been told, by many a military acquaintance in Her Majesty's Service, that more than one has entered service to put their past behind them. No need to explain as we welcome all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2016 4:45 pm
(@kaloethes)

Oh my. Miss Anne Everleigh may need a moment and a quiet hallway. ((also, I am loving your username. Greek fans are us?))

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2016 7:11 pm
(@xiphias)
Eminent Member

((Well, I got it from the Latin, and it's been my online username everywhere I can get it since BBS days, some twenty-five years ago. Ironically, when I thought of names that would be good for my character, though -- the name I've ever gone by that was most appropriate for the genre was... my actual name. So, my fictional character name is my real name, and my player name as a real person is my fictional name.))

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2016 10:59 am
(@xiphias)
Eminent Member

(If anyone is interested, I wrote up the character's ACTUAL background here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yNMYNayjQh4y14mfffAUt5cCJ46oHz3IsP0RgXHHQlw/edit?usp=sharing

Please only read if you are willing and able to keep IC and OOC knowledge separate.))

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2016 2:16 pm
(@caile13)

Oh my goodness, someone who knows what a BBS is ?!?! Most people stare at me blankly if I mention that is where my "online" life began. My username also dates back to those days!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/09/2016 1:56 pm

Working

Please Login or Register