Blank screen on Linux  

RSS
(@anybodys)
New Member Customer

Hi,

Thank you so much for providing a Linux build! I was able to get it to run but it just opened a black screen and nothing else happened.

The release is for 32-bit so I had to install some compatibility packages. Would it be possible to make a build that targets a 64-bit machine? I have no idea if the trouble I'm hitting is related to that or not. But I think most Linux folks are running 64-bit these days.

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04. Here's what I did:

> unzip EJClient_LINUX_June2018.zip
> chmod a+x EJClient_LINUX_June2018.x86
# It wouldn't run so I ran
> file /usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018.x86
# And discovered it's 32-bit! Hence:
> sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386
# Tried to run but found a few more missing libs.
> sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa:i386
> sudo apt-get install libxcursor1:i386
# Now it ran! But I got a blank screen. Output:
> /usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018.x86
Found path: /usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018.x86
Mono path[0] = '/usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/usr/lib/everjane/EJClient_LINUX_June2018_Data/Mono/etc'

No errors that I can see in the output. Are there other logs elsewhere? Or a way to turn on verbose logging?

Thanks! And let me know how I can help with the Linux release. If this project is open source, I'd love to clone it and tinker around.

Hmm. You know what? I think some folks were saying that after installing 32-bit compatibility, I need to restart my machine. So maybe that's the issue! Restarting is a pain, so I try that this weekend and let y'all know how it works. I still want to post this in case any other Linux users is eager to try out this game. 🙂

PS: I'm very new to video games. I'm excited to try out a game that isn't based on violence and killing! Those can be fun, sure, but this game sounds much more my cup of tea. 😀 Thanks for your work creating it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2018 2:03 pm
 Doug
(@horatio)
Reputable Member Admin

We do have a generic Linux build but are not Linux experts by any stretch of the imagination.  A suggestion is:

When you log in to play there is a screen where you select the 'Play' button.  Above that 'Play' button is the option to select 'Windowed'.  Please select it and you may have to play with the 'Screen Resolution' options too but first try the 'Windowed' option first. 

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks

Doug

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2018 2:29 pm

Working

Please Login or Register